Sunday, February 22, 2009

Relaxer Can Be Murder



“I’m back!” Joey announced. “And ladies, I promise you won’t be disappointed.”
Dara sat underneath the dryer and watched him glide to the other side of the salon. The aroma hit her nose, and when he finally reached her, she could barely contain herself.
“Macy,” she lifted up the dryer lid. “Are you sure you don’t want some of this?”
Macy declined and walked over to the little girl standing by her booth.
“Hi Bethie. What’s wrong?” Macy put her hand on the girl’s unruly hair.
Beth Paulson looked over her shoulder before she answered. “I don’t like my dad too much today.”
Macy went over to the sink and washed out the relaxer tray and application brush. “And why is that? He couldn’t have done anything that bad.”
Bethie put her tiny hands on her equally tiny hips. “Wanna bet? I heard him on the phone talking about having a bigger restaurant. If he gets a new restaurant, we’ll have to leave here and I won’t see you anymore.”
Macy dried her hands and walked over to the weeping child. “Honey, you should be happy for your dad. And as far as us not seeing each other, you know I’d never let that happen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment