Monday, March 9, 2009

Relaxer Can Be Murder

Nikki was hot. He had taken his sweet time calling her back to his small, smelly room.
“Will this take long?” she smoothed back her hair. “I’ve got things to do!”
“I’ll ask the questions. Sit.”
Chuck was not in the mood to take orders from the loudmouth that sat across from him. He might just keep her a little longer to teach her a lesson. He flipped through his notepad.
“So,” he tapped his pen against his desk. “Macy had eyes for your boyfriend.”
Nikki pursed her heavily glossed lips. “Yeah, I had to put her in her place about Luther. And she knew I meant business. Nobody, I mean no-bod-dee messes with my man and gets away with it.”
Chuck jotted down every word that came out of her big mouth before she had the good sense to ask for a lawyer.
“Let’s just say, you know, hypothetically, that she didn’t heed your warning.” He leaned forward and lowered his voice. “Let’s just say that Luther took her up on her advances.”
Nikki jumped out of her seat. “I told you, nobody crosses me!” she opened the door.
“One more thing,” he flipped through his notes again. “Where is your baseball bat?”

No comments:

Post a Comment