Sunday, May 24, 2009

Stinky Is Good In A Garden Of Lies

“I thought we were here to work.” Dayna put her hands on her hips. “Sounds like fun to me.”
Genevieve held the small pink and yellow plaid dress up. Her forehead creased into a frown.
“I never could understand why Patience wanted to do this. I think it was purely social because she never wanted to do any work.” She picked up the matching sash. “That’s why this is practically empty. I bet you girls didn’t have an inch of space left on yours, did you?”
Agnes pushed another box aside. “Mrs. Landau is trying to bribe me with a case of wine to go get my Goodie Girl dress and see if I can still fit it.”
Dayna laughed a little too hard. “Now that would be a sight to see. Go get it; I’d like to see that!”
Genevieve tossed the dress back into the box. “That bribe includes you also.”
“Oh.”

The men would love to see them in the dresses, but they wanted to see the blackmail box even more. Larry looked over at Xavier. The stakes were high for both of them, but neither was willing to divulge the secrets that may change their lives forever.
“Any luck?” Brad shoved his hands in his pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment