Sunday, March 15, 2009

Relaxer Can Be Murder



Chuck was tired. In the last few days, he interviewed everyone that worked or patronized the salon. And finally, the case was solved. He leaned back in his chair. The arrest would earn him some respect. It would take some creativity on his part, but he knew someone who knew a judge that signed arrest warrants with much less evidence.
“You’ve got to be kidding me.” The prosecutor looked over his small reading glasses. “The evidence is so weak, so you’re gonna have to give me something more than this if you want an arrest warrant, much less a conviction.”
Chuck nodded. “It’s thin, but I know a guilty person when I see one.”
The prosecutor gathered his papers and stuffed them in his briefcase. “Bring me something more than this detective or I can’t promise anything.”
He closed his door. The last thing he wanted was eavesdroppers listening in on his personal conversations. He picked up the phone and dialed Dara’s number. She had put in as much work as he had, and she deserved to be there when he made his arrest; warrant or not.
He wasn’t sure why, but he was glad he would see her. In the short time, he found himself thinking about her a little more than he should. They had a connection. He could feel it. When the case was closed, he was positive they would be a couple.
“Dara,” He smiled into the phone. “Meet me in the salon’s parking lot. Oh, and don’t forget that key. I need to put that back.”

No comments:

Post a Comment