Monday, March 16, 2009

Relaxer Can Be Murder


Dara sat in the empty parking lot and waited. She was happy he was going to make an arrest. Macy’s killer needed to be brought to justice. If this was another one of his stupid theories, she would be forced to talk to his superior. She also made a mental note to change her number when it was over.
She looked at the deserted salon. No one would’ve ever guessed that a few short days ago, the salon was one of the main focal points in the plaza. Now the cloud of murder hung over it.
She sat up straight. Someone was in the salon. She could see a shadow. She wasn’t sure what to do, but she knew that no one was supposed to be in there. She flipped open her phone and dialed Chuck’s number. Dara grimaced when his voicemail came on. “Detective, it’s Dara. Someone is in the salon. I can see a shadow moving around. What should I do? I don’t want them to get away. Please call me back.”
A few cars began to trickle in to the Plaza, which seemed to calm her a little. The vibration of her cell phone startled her. “Hello?”
“Dara,” Chuck spoke loudly. “I’m about five minutes away. Stay put. Do you hear me? Stay put!”

No comments:

Post a Comment