Thursday, May 21, 2009

Stinky Is Good In A Garden Of Lies

Brad leaned against the side of the truck with a small bottle in his hand. “I can explain. Just let me explain. She found the necklace and threatened to go to her father with it. I couldn’t let her do that. ”
The fresh air did nothing for the pains shooting through her head. She didn’t need anything else added to it. “Just leave it alone. I don’t care anymore.”
“Don’t care anymore? After all this time, you choose now not to care? I loved you…love you.” He lowered his voice and shook his head.
Agnes wanted to go home, to forget the day ever happened. But as she stood looking into the eyes of her first love, she wanted to forget more than just one day. “Don’t do this. Please don’t do this.”
“You jumped the gun and married him.” He hissed. “I would’ve given you the world.”
“What was I supposed to do? If anyone suspected the twins could’ve been yours, you would’ve gone to jail. I didn’t want you to lose everything for a possibility. And I’m glad I didn’t.”
It stung more than he ever imagined. But he never imagined he would ever know the truth. She wanted to say more but he held up his hand. “Don’t.”

No comments:

Post a Comment