Thursday, May 28, 2009

Stinky Is Good In A Garden Of Lies

No one knew who let out the deep sigh of relief. It didn’t matter. They may have been saved for at least another day.
Genevieve squinted at the box. “I may have an extra key, but for the life of me, I can’t remember where it is. I’ll have to look through all of Patience’s things. Maybe a few of you can come by and help me. I have a wine cellar, if anyone is interested.”
“Count us in.” Agnes squeezed Larry’s hand and looked over at Dayna and Xavier. “We’ll bring the food.”

He’d found the perfect spot, but he hadn’t anticipated such a long wait. His head snapped back and hit the headrest. He didn’t know how long he’d be able to stay awake. The front door to the house opened, and his mother stepped out, head held high, and a glow on her face that only signified victory.
An unknown man followed closely behind her, carrying the coveted blackmail box. Donnie turned the key in the ignition and pulled away. He wanted to make himself comfortable before mother arrived home.
He pressed the device on his ear. “They found it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment