Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stinky Is Good In A Garden Of Lies


Patience was glad it was out in the open. Agnes needed to know the truth. She cleaned herself up as best she could, but no amount of makeup could cover up what Agnes had done to her. But that was a good thing. As soon as Larry saw what that monster was capable of, it wouldn’t surprise her if he wasn’t at her front door with suitcase in hand.
She tidied up a bit and tried to calm herself down before she placed the call. She’d rehearsed it so many times in her mind, but when she reached for the phone, she was gripped with fear.
“What are you so worried about?” she ran her fingers through her hair. “This is what both of you have been waiting for.”
It was now or never. Her fingers dialed the number, but before the first ring, she heard the annoying chimes of her doorbell. Agnes obviously couldn’t take a hint. She walked to the door with purpose, prepared and ready to do battle.
“What do you…?” she slung the door open and saw Larry standing on the porch. “Oh Larry, I thought you were someone else. Come in.”
He was on edge, and she hoped to use it to her advantage.
“It’s still strange for me to live alone.” She moved close to him and kissed his neck. “Hopefully that will change soon.”
Larry grabbed her hand and pushed her away from him. “I know what happened earlier. Agnes told me everything.”
Patience smiled. “Good. Then you know what a monster she is. Look at what she did to me! I hope you let her have it. I hope you left her high and---”
“What? I’m not leaving her. I love her. I married her.” He turned toward the door. “It’s over. Leave us alone.”
“Leave you alone?” she hissed. “I’m gonna make your pathetic lives miserable!”
He opened the door. “Patience, just leave us alone. I’d hate to have to kill you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment