Tuesday, September 8, 2009

VELVET

KEEP THAT TO YOURSELF
Chuck was happy the day was almost over for several reasons; the main one being his date with Dara the next day. They hadn’t had the chance to talk as much as he would’ve preferred, but they were both extremely busy with their jobs.
“Look at you over there.” Danica teased. “Don’t act like you’re concentrating on this case. I know you’re trying to figure out how you can call her without looking needy.”
“Shut up! I am not.” He shifted in his seat. “Well, okay. Maybe I am.”
*
Dara wanted to strangle her, apologize, and then strangle her again. Time was of the essence, and no amount of clout and money could change that. Dara didn’t have to say a word. The sheepish look of remorse, not to mention the dusting of post-interrogation trauma had taken over Buffie’s face. Dara could only imagine the questions Chuck and Danica had thrown at her. She wished she could’ve been a fly on the wall.
“Dara,” she grabbed her hand. “This place looks amazing. You are truly gifted. I love it, and I know Chip will too.”
Buffie slowly walked around the ballroom. She ran hand along the dais table. It was more than she could’ve dreamt of. “I can’t wait until tomorrow. But honestly Dara, I don’t know how you’re going to outdo this. Oh, I trust you!”
“It won’t be easy, but I’m positive you’ll be pleased.”
“And just think,” Buffie said more to herself than anyone else. “Now that Tonya’s gone, I know my bridal shower and wedding will be spectacular because she won’t be here to ruin them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment