Monday, June 1, 2009

Stinky Is Good In A Garden Of Lies

Agnes’ head still ached. The cleaning fumes plus the fact that she had consumed an entire winery, had to be the reason. Not to mention her conversation with Brad. Her eyes watered, and she tried her best to look presentable when she heard him walk into the kitchen.
“Leaving like that only made it obvious.”
She didn’t bother to turn around. She didn’t want to look at him. “This, coming from someone who wrote her sappy love letters? What were you thinking?”
“I’ve always loved you. Don’t ever doubt that.” Larry spoke quietly from behind her. “But I loved her too, just not the way I love you. When I wrote those letters--”
“Let it go.” Tears fell as she looked at the two lovebirds engraved on the back of the cleaned necklace. She quickly tossed it in the trashcan. “Just let it go.”
He pulled her close to him. “I love you.”
Agnes knew he did, but so many memories had flooded her mind, and she could barely think. “I need some fresh air.”

No comments:

Post a Comment